Thinking about Bibles
I have continued to think about what I would want in a Bible. I continued to think about Bible design after my Random Research Friday a couple of weeks ago where I researched a new note-taking type Bible.
I have continued to develop the idea. I recently compiled a list of qualities (both design and production) I would like to see in this Bible.
- Single column, paragraph form
- Parallel translations – literal and dynamic – ESV and NLT
- Jesus’ words in red – I love the deep red text I find in some Bibles.
- Cross References – I have not decided yet to use both or only one (my mockup shows both)
- Left page would be the text, right page would be blank for note taking (very much like a blank Bible)
- Possible alternative version where blank right page would contain multiple commentary text for those are not note takers
- High quality production materials only: soft leather, sewn binding, quality paper
- The goal is to make a solid Bible that people can use for 50 years
Below you will find a link to a PDF mockup I created (first draft.) I continue to get excited designing and researching more into this project.
- Random Research Friday: Custom Study Bible
- Jawbone Big Jambox Review
- Quick Website Prototyping
- BibleTech 2010 Wrap-up
- New CircularSoft Website